UEFA to review Cristiano Ronaldo’s red card on September 27

Share

The 33-year-old left the pitch in tears, while Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri said the forward would have avoided a red card if VAR was in use in the Champions League.

Brych had sent off Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo in controversial fashion 15 minutes earlier and he was confronted by several Juve representatives at the break.

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body may extend the mandatory one-match ban.

Juventus' Emre Can has apologised for comments about Cristiano Ronaldo's sending off at Valencia, saying there was no intention to "degrade women".

The encounter will see Ronaldo make an emotional return to Old Trafford, before facing United again, in Turin on November 7.

Extended bans are usually handed out for more serious offences.

More news: Super Typhoon Mangkhut's Chaos in 13 Dramatic Pictures
More news: Liverpool enjoying best start in 57 years after PSG win
More news: South Africa Has Legalised Cannabis Use For Adults In Private Places

"It was a soft sending-off for Ronaldo, but the letter of the law says you probably can not do that, so I think the one-match ban will probably stick".

"If I had been officiating this game, I would have given Valencia a free-kick and shown a yellow card to each player".

"He will feel like he was letting his team-mates down in that moment, but I expect him to play in both games against Manchester United", he submitted.

The reported punishment means Ronaldo will miss Juventus' home game against Young Boys on October 2 but will be available to face former club Manchester United on October 23 at Old Trafford.

UEFA has confirmed disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Cristiano Ronaldo following his red card in Juventus' Champions League victory in Valencia on Wednesday.

"Going down to 10 men in the Champions League for an incident like that is disappointing".

Share