Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans

Share

There are a number of alternatives to Fekir and many wondered if Liverpool would pursue Thomas Lemar, who they were linked with last summer.

"Over the next days, both clubs will work to close the agreement", the Madrid club said of the attacking midfielder usually deployed on the left.

Listen to the latest episode of Soccer Republic Extra or subscribe on iTunes.

The France worldwide, now in Russian Federation with Les Bleus for the World Cup, joined Monaco in 2015 from Caen and made his global debut in November 2016.

Having previously stated that he would announce his decision before France's opening World Cup game on Saturday, Griezmann chose to keep quiet.

"We understand there won't be easy matches at the World Cup for us", the Atletico Madrid star told French sports daily L'Equipe.

More news: Trump Tweet Helps Sink Mark Sanford In South Carolina Primary
More news: Dennis Rodman cries over Donald Trump, Kim Jong-Un Singapore summit
More news: 25 killed in Guatemala volcano eruption

Messi is excited by the prospect of uniting with the 27-year-old and believes he would go a long way to helping Barca become European champions for the first time since 2015.

Griezmann said earlier on Tuesday that he had made up his decision on his future but would not reveal his plans, though sources have since said all signs point to him returning to Atletico.

Griezmann signed a one-year contract extension with Atletico last summer that runs until 2022.

Lemar and Griezmann are a part of the France team that will begin their Group C campaign against Australia on Saturday, before facing Peru and Denmark in the group stage.

He made his France debut in 2016 and has scored three goals in 12 worldwide games.

Share