Jurgen Klopp has responded to reports claiming Liverpool are interest in signing French attackers Nabil Fekir and Ousmane Dembele. The French worldwide has scored 17 league goals this year and has been instrumental in the side's push for a Champions League place. Klopp told reporters following Liverpool's 1-0 loss at Stamford Bridge.
Reports emerged yesterday suggesting that Liverpool have reached an agreement with French side Lyon for the £60 million signing of talented playmaker Nabil Fekir. RMC even go one further and claim that the Reds are also targeting Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele moving forward.
Both French news sources believe Ousmane Dembele is another Liverpool target and could well be attainable in the summer after enduring a hard first season at the Nou Camp, despite joining Barcelona for £135 million at the start of the season. I am surprised by this news.
Lyon CEO Jean-Michel Aulas also denied there had been contact with Liverpool in a statement on the club's Twitter account.
"But no comment. What was the second name?"More news: Chelsea close in on top four with win over Liverpool
More news: Larson grabs the pole for Sunday's NASCAR " "AAA 400 Drive for Autism"
More news: The Rock Provides 'TMI' Response to DJ Khaled's Thoughts on Oral Sex
Fekir, who's been strongly linked with Arsenal and FC Barcelona after an impressive campaign with the Ligue 1 side is said to be close to agreeing a deal with the Reds.
But Liverpool chiefs are said to be asking for a fee in excess of £176m (€200m) which Los Blancos may find it hard to pay this summer. "Now I am interested!" added Klopp.
The 24-year-old was said to have already settled on a five-year contract with the Champions League finalists and the deal is also likely to involve Yassin Fekir following his older brother to England.
Fekir admitted that Lyon qualifying for the Champions League could be enough to keep him at the club beyond the summer.