Israeli forces on Friday afternoon shot and killed a deaf Palestinian man in the southern occupied West Bank city of Hebron during clashes that were taking place in the Bab al-Zawiya area of the city.
Al-Jaabari was critically injured during clashes between Israeli forces and local Palestinian youth in the city.
An Israeli military spokesman said the slain man had been about to throw a fire-bomb at the troops, who were responding to an immediate threat when they shot him.
Palestinians have staged regular protests, that often turn violent, since President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital in December.More news: Collin Sexton could carry Alabama far this postseason
More news: Travis Kalanick launches new venture fund '10100', to focus on India, China
More news: 'Acts of genocide' suspected against Rohingya in Myanmar, UN says
The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) blasted the decision, with senior official Saeb Erekat saying, "The American administration's decisions to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and choose the Palestinian people's Nakba as the date for this step is a blatant violation of worldwide law". Outraged Palestinian leaders said Washington could no longer take the lead in peace efforts but Israel has said the United States should remain peace-broker.
Dozens of Palestinians protested throughout the West Bank on Friday including in the cities of Hebron, Nablus, Ramllah and in Kfar Kadum.
Israel seized mainly Arab east Jerusalem in the 1967 Six-Day War and later annexed it in a move never recognised by the worldwide community.