Scott Baio denies Nicole Eggert's molestation claims: 'Absolutely nothing' happened

Share

The Happy Days star also added that he made a decision to do the interview to protect his 10-year-old daughter from the "false" allegations.

The 46-year-old claimed the former Happy Days star continued to behave inappropriately with her "more than 10 times" at his house, admitting that they first had intercourse when she was 17.

Baio, 57, began the GMA interview by offering "proof" that Eggert, 47, was over 18 years old when they engaged in a sexual encounter.

Eggert previously mentioned having sex with Baio in a 2013 interview on Nik Richie Radio, during which she had indicated that she was 18 when the incident occurred.

Nicole Eggert's story differed significantly from the version of events that Scott Baio shared. He added, "The story seems to change quite a bit and I can't keep up with it, quite honestly". When Robach asked Baio if he has any concerts about that, he responded, "Why would I have a concern over something that I didn't do?" I wasn't ready to tell my story. "And by the way, Nicole and I were friends after our only sexual encounter, where she aggressively sought me out because she wanted me to be her first so that she would be good for her boyfriend - those were her words".

Baio said this is not the first time Eggert has accused him with such allegations.

More news: Nevada gaming board investigating Steve Wynn for misconduct
More news: Catalonia's Former President Might Ask To Be Let Back Into Spain
More news: Supply: Wall (knee) might be out two months

The former Baywatch actress took aim at her Charles in Charge co-star on Twitter on Saturday (27Jan18), claiming he sexually abused her between the ages of 14 and 17, while they worked together on the sitcom, which ran from 1984 to 1990.

Asked whether he's now concerned that Eggert might take his recent advice and go to the police if she has a case, Baio said, "No, why would I have concerns about something I didn't do?" Eggert appeared on Megyn Kelly Today on Tuesday and said she had lied about her relationship with Baio. "And talking about marriage in the future", the actress said.

"We were at his house, in his auto, in his garage and he reached over and penetrated me with his finger, and that's when sexual touching and abuse started after that". And he reached over and he penetrated me with his finger.

Eggert further claimed the "abuse" and "molestation" started after that alleged incident, including "a lot of groping, a lot of fondling, a lot of pulling me on his lap, trying to sneak kisses in the back" on the set of Charles in Charge.

Egbert said she did not initially come forward with claims of sexual abuse against Baio partly because he "intimidated" her with threats that the show would be over if she told anyone of his alleged illegal activities, and because she did not want to play the "victim". "She said, 'He molested me as a child and I didn't know any better.' I can vividly remember that statement". She told me it was much worse than she described on air. "On any given day, on every day - and especially Charles in Charge, which was like a picnic every day, it's one of my favorite jobs I've ever done - there's teachers, parents, family, crew, producers, my dad", Baio said.

Share