Nicole Eggert Files Police Report Against Scott Baio Alleging Sexual Assault

Share

As we previously reported, Nicole Eggert claimed that Scott Baio molested her between the ages of fourteen and sixteen during production of Charles in Charge, before having sex with her at the age of seventeen. Meeting with the police was a groundbreaking moment because Alexander Polinsky also gave his statement. He also says it was after the show stopped shooting, and Eggert was of age.

A representative for Baio said: "We've been demanding since past year that Nicole Eggert bring her story to the authorities".

"Ask Scott Baio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor". She also said she had always been reluctant to speak up about what she claims really happened between her and Baio because she was ashamed and embarrassed.

"The investigation has begun and we plan on fully cooperating with the LAPD and giving them as much information from Nicole and our team as possible, but it has begun", Weintraub notes. She's now fielding requests on social media for anyone who may have witnessed the alleged incidents.

Scott Baio has denied the allegations and states he is innocent.

Nicole has now filed a police report against Baio, at his urging, and she claims she has been receiving harassing phone calls from him, in which he remains silent on the other line.

"Charles in Charge" premiered in 1984 and ran for five seasons (with a break from 1985-1987), ending in 1990.

More news: Lebron refuses to waive no-trade clause
More news: Winter Weather Advisory Goes Into Effect at Six Tuesday Night
More news: Powell sworn in as 16th chairman of Federal Reserve

Polinsky starred alongside Eggert and Baio on Charles in Charge as one of the Powell siblings, Adam. Baio, now 57, was in his mid-20s, while Eggert, 46, was in her teens.

Baio responded with an appearance on Good Morning America and repeated his denial of Eggert's claims. The interview took two hours as Eggert went over the details of her claims.

He denied all the accusations on a Facebook live post saying she was the aggressor and definitely over 18. "And she knows I would never shame her, and she can see how I'm handling this, and that I would do the same exact thing for her". "Given her constantly changing story and continuous search for publicity, we look forward to their investigation". An LAPD spokesperson told ET on Wednesday that Robbery-Homicide detectives met with Eggert on Tuesday, and are investigating allegations that she made, confirming the allegations were against Baio.

"I want him to admit it, the power of "I'm sorry" is unbelievable", she said.

"I think that's a message people really need to understand", she continues.

Speaking on television last week Eggert said she had not aired the allegations previously because she was ashamed, and that she had been emboldened to speak up in the wake of the #MeToo movement. "She's been an awesome support system for me, and I think I've been a great example for her".

Share