A newly-married man was killed and his wife critically injured when a gift that was presented to them at their wedding reception exploded later at their home in India.
This shocking incident reported in Patnagarh of Bolangir district in Orissa.
The bride and groom's grandmother were later rushed to Balangir hospital. The police have said that the investigation is underway. However, later the bride and the grandmother were shifted to the Bolangir hospital after their condition deteriorated.
News reports have revealed the death of a newly-wedded groom after a wedding gift they received exploded. The incident took place when they, along with other family members were unwrapping gifts on Friday.
The police are trying to identify who gave the package to the couple at their reception ceremony on Wednesday and what kind of explosive was used in the incident.More news: E-cigarette vapors contain toxic chemicals, study finds
More news: The 2018 PyeongChang Closing Ceremony — Sights and Sounds
More news: Tiger Woods four shots back on crowded Honda Classic leaderboard
"A man injured in the blast also died at the Ispat General Hospital in Rourkela, " he added.
The wife of the man was being treated at the government hospital in Burla, the police said.
"The family had received a gift-wrapped parcel bomb", Patnagarh SDPO Sesadev Bariha said.
Chief District Medical Officer S Mishra said that the grandmother was pronounced dead.