Logan Paul removed from top-tier ad platform as he faces backlash

Share

Per ABC News, Google removed Paul from the Google Preferred premier ad service that lets top brand advertisers connect with top YouTube producers. YouTube also said some of Paul's originals are now "on hold", including his upcoming YouTube film, "The Thinning: New World Order".

Paul announced earlier this month he was taking a break from making YouTube videos "to reflect". YouTube initially issued the video a "strike" for violating their terms of service, but have now made a decision to take a more drastic set of actions against Logan Paul. It has also sent its condolence to the family and friends of the man in the video.

Meanwhile, Studio71 has produced two seasons of "Logan Paul Vs," a reality series in which he engages in challenges (like training with Hollywood stuntmen), for Comcast's Watchable digital-video service.

YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner, the company said. It's exactly because Logan Paul has 15 million subscribers, that he was part of that program, and now he's out.

REUTERS/Mike BlakeYouTube removes Logan Paul's channel from the Google Preferred lineup. That didn't stem the tide of criticism and on Wednesday YouTube suspended its business deals with Paul. Ms. Mason also said that all YouTube pending projects that involved Mr. Paul would be delayed.

More news: Trump suggests he's developed a positive relationship with Kim Jong
More news: House Passes FISA Reauthorization Despite Trump Tweet Criticizing The Program
More news: INEC gives Sarah Jubril's party, 20 others certificates of registration

YouTube extends official apology for Logan Paul video.

Again, YouTube did not act, and the videos were online for several weeks before critical press articles forced the vlogger to pull the content himself.

YouTube has spent the past year telling advertisers it's safe to run their ads on the world's biggest video site.

YouTube, which is facing growing condemnation for an increasing number of videos containing graphic or inappropriate content being uploaded to the platform, conceded this week that it took a long time to respond to public outrage. On Tuesday it published an "open letter to our community" on Twitter, which stated: "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it be a driving force for views". Google says Paul violated its Community Guidelines by posting his tasteless video.

Logan Paul is being stripped of his YouTube clout, thanks to the posting of some questionable content at the end of 2017.

Share