Friday's attack was met with a swift response by the police and the army, officials said.
Heavy cache of weapons seized from the terrorists.
The government had announced a 20-point National Action Plan after the Peshawar school massacre in 2014, the main thrusts of which included expanding counter-terrorism raids, secret military courts and the resumption of hangings.
The spent bullet casing and explosive materials recovered from the site of incident have also been sent to the forensic laboratory, police sources said.
The attack was claimed by the banned terror outfit, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan.More news: She Saved My Life
More news: Crude oil futures decline on overseas leads
More news: Flu Season Expected To Be A Bad One
Authorities have registered a case against unidentified suspects for Peshawar Agriculture Directorate attack on Friday, in which nine people were killed and 35 others were injured. Security measures were already heightened around the country for Eid Milad-un Nabi, a Muslim holiday commemorating the Prophet Muhammad's birthday.
The army contingent had reached the spot soon after the attack was reported and joined the security forces for operation. After a two-hour firefight, the security forces said, all the attackers had been killed.
Bullets holes in building walls, broken glass scattered and blood stains could be seen on TV footage.
A report in Dawn said three burqa-clad men entered the directorate and started firing. The students present at the premises are undertaking their diplomas in Agriculture Sciences and Veterinary Sciences.
Mr. Zeb said two militants took positions on the ground floor and another two took hold one floor above as they carried out the attack.