The police report comes a month after Crews tweeted about the alleged assault by an unidentified "high-level Hollywood executive".
NBC News' sources indicate that Crews named William Morris Endeavor talent agent Adam Venit as his alleged attacker.
Crews's statement came as a direct effect of breaking stories about Weinstein. My wife [and] I were at a Hollywood function past year [and] a high level Hollywood executive came over 2 me and groped my privates.
Crews claims the incident in question occurred past year; TMZ suggests that Venit was seen "wedgie-ing" people at a party as a prank.
Crews disclosed, in a series of tweets on October 10, he had been sexually assaulted past year at a Hollywood event. Now, there could potentially be a criminal investigation.
"My wife saw everything and we looked at him like he was insane", the actor and former pro football player later wrote on Twitter. He tweeted, "This whole thing with Harvey Weinstein is giving me PTSD. Why?" Venit is on now on leave from the agency as it investigates the claims. "My wife saw everything n we looked at him like he was insane", he wrote at the time.More news: Twitter stops verifying users after Charlottesville 'Unite the Right' organizer is verified
More news: Fidget Spinners causing safety concerns again, lead found
More news: Facebook Wants You To Upload Nudes Of Yourself To Stop Revenge Porn
He wrote that the man groped "his privates" in front of his wife and then "grinned like a jerk". "Only I probably wouldn't have been able to read it because I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL".
The actor made a decision to let it go at the time because he didn't want to be ostracized.
Crews said he told others at the party what occurred and that Venit called the next day with an apology.
He continued: "I let it go".
"Hollywood is not the only business where this happens, and to the casualties of this behavior- you are not alone", Crews added.
While many in Hollywood are coming forward with stories of sexual harassment and assault, few have pressed charges.