Pradyuman murder case: Ashok Kumar accuses police of torture in Jail


He was arrested by the Gurugram police, which claimed that he had tried to sexually assault the seven-year-old Pradyuman Thakur in the school washroom but killed him with a knife when he resisted.

The 42-year-old conductor was released on bail on Wednesday after 76 days of detention.

Ashok, whose health remains really poor, wasn't able to speak much, but his wife claimed the local cops beat up her husband and gave him electric shocks in order to get him to confess to the sensational crime.

After he was freed from the Bhondsi jail, Kumar went straight to his house in Ghambroj village in Sohna.

The family of the bus conductor had earlier said that Kumar was allegedly tortured by the Haryana Police and was made to confess to Pradyuman's murder under "duress".

The CBI has instead accused a Class XI student of Gurgaon's Ryan International School of killing Pradyuman, who was the juvenile accused junior, in the hopes of getting an examination postponed. Following this revelation, the CBI also alleged that the police tampered with evidence to frame the conductor.

More news: Tencent overtakes Facebook in Global Top five companies
More news: Russia Admitted about Radioactive Contamination over Europe in September
More news: Nigeria police say at least 20 killed in mosque bombing

"We knew from the beginning that he wasn't involved in the murder".

The Gurugram District Court on Tuesday granted bail to bus conductor, Ashok, in the Pradyuman murder case.

She also said, Ashok said her that a madam ordered him to carry on the body (Pradyuman's body) in the vehicle and that he just helped. The Gurgaon Police did not carry out a proper investigation. "The police told him it's a small case and they will cover it accordingly".

On Monday, Ashok's lawyer, Mohit Verma, had said that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had not presented any evidence against his client.

The CBI was asked to submit the status report in the court after arguments by all parties on November 20, and the judge had reserved the decision for Tuesday.