Russian model Vlada Dzyuba works herself to death in China


For her, called paramedics, but after a few days in a coma she died.

Tests are being carried out as to the cause of death. "I so much want to sleep".

It is also not clear who is to blame for her not having medical insurance.

"It must have been the very beginning of the illness ... and then her temperature shot up".

"Dzyuba had received 16 different jobs during her two months' stay in China", Zheng Yi tells The Global Times.

A teenage Russian model died from exhaustion during a three-month modeling assignment in China, Fox News reported.

Her contract said she would work a maximum of three hours a week but she had worked non-stop during the prestigious Shanghai Fashion Week.

A number of young Russian models are recruited to China, with Vlada's capitulation raising questions as to the burdensome working conditions models are subjected to and henceforth exploited.

More news: Up-to-date Analyst's Assessments: AT&T Inc. (T), Ford Motor Company (F)
More news: Singapore passport to have new design, additional security features
More news: Potential tropical storm forms in western Carribean

The CEO of China's ESEE Model Management has denied the claims Dzyuba's contract was illegal, describing her workload as "moderate" compared to other models. After being hospitalized, she was found to be suffering from previously undiagnosed #meningitis, which was exacerbated by sheer exhaustion from overwork. Soon before walking in the show where she collapsed, she had a high temperature.

Elvira Zaitseva, head of the Perm modelling agency, said: "No one expected it to lead to such consequences".

"She was calling me, saying 'Mama, I am so exhausted, I so much want to sleep, '" the girls mother, Oksana Dzyuba, said.

According to The Siberian Times, she did not go to the hospital because she did not have medical insurance.

Vlada's mother, Oksana, tried to get a Visa so that she could be by her sick daughter's side, but was unable to complete the process on time.

Miss Dzyuba's Russian manager Dmitry Smirnov, who negotiated her Chinese assignment, has not commented on her death.

The human rights ombudsman in Perm is investigating Dzyuba's death.