Seattle police fatally shoot pregnant mother of four Charleena Lyles


Police said they sent two officers to respond to Lyles' burglary report because they her and were concerned for the officers' safety. The officers drew their firearms, but the report says they eventually talked her into dropping the scissors. When police arrived, they claimed that she displayed a knife, prompting them to open fire. "I could have taken her down". They fired their weapons after seeing Lyles holding a knife.

According to The Washington Post, Charleena Lyles called police to report a possible burglary. They performed CPR, according to authorities, but Lyles was later declared dead by fire department officials at the scene. The children inside at the time were killed along with their mother by officers.

The police shooting of a pregnant Black mother of three children has Seattle on edge.

Police Chief Kathleen O'Toole and Murray said the Seattle Police Force Investigation Team and the Office of Professional Accountability will review the shooting, as will the King County Prosecutor's Office.

In a press release, the Seattle Police Department said the two officers involved are now not on duty.

A female voice in the background utters an expletive as the officers repeatedly warn her to back away.

In a statement released with the audio, police noted that both officers were equipped with "less lethal force options". She was just released on June 14, four days before her death. Laurie Davis, an aunt of Charleena Lyles, cries and hugs another family member as several dozen people attend a vigil outside the apartment building where Charleena lived, Sunday, June 18, 2017.

"There's no reason for her to be shot in front of her babies", Williams told journalists.

More news: Real Madrid boss Perez tackles Ronaldo problem
More news: Supreme Court to hear partisan gerrymandering case
More news: Hamas, Israelis reject Islamic State claims over Jerusalem attack

Officers arrived and went to the fourth floor to meet with the complainant. Williams said at the scene.

"She didn't charge nobody or nothing", Williams told KOMO News.

Monika Williams says her sister was tiny and had mental health problems. They taped photos of her and her children to the back of plastic chairs and spelled her name in candles on the sidewalk. However, he held the same opinion of the rest of his family that she was a small and unfrightening woman.

"People should not fear getting shot when they call law enforcement for help", said Rob Johnson, who represents the council district where the shooting occurred.

According to her relatives, Lyles anxious that her children were going to be taken away from her.

Seattle's Mayor Ed Murray said the incident was a "tragedy for all involved and will be fully investigated".

"Our historic police reforms, from de-escalation training to civilian-monitored force review, are in place to address such crises". Both officers are white.

Social justice warriors are attacking their own after an armed black woman was shot and killed by police in Seattle.