The Spanish media have claimed the Real Madrid star must be in the courtroom in Pozuelo at 11am local time for the beginning of the case.
The star of Europe's champion is suspected of defrauding the Spanish state with 14.7 million euros between 2011 and 2014, using a corporate structure founded in 2010 to hide image-rights generated revenue.
"I'm a Man United fan, and my kids love him, so I hope that he'll be back".
Ronaldo has also complained on multiple occasions previously, about Real supporters, who have resorted at times to jeering and booing his performance on the pitch.
However, club president Florentino Perez disclosed that no offers had been received to tempt Ronaldo away and Real was determined to keep him.More news: Lewis Hamilton storms to pole position in 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix qualifying
More news: Trump state visit to United Kingdom will go ahead, Boris Johnson says
More news: Ex-DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson defends Obama handling of Russian meddling
"I know Cristiano, he's a good guy as a professional and as a person", stated Perez in his interview with Marca and Onda Cero on Monday. Portuguese sports daily A Bola had also claimed that Perez had already been informed of the decision.
The player led Real Madrid to victory in both Spanish and European competition titles, namely La Liga and Champions League.
"The Spanish government, at the time and through the revenue service, confirmed with a certificate that they had reviewed the situation and that we were up to date with our tax obligations", Gestifute said.
A four-time Ballon d'Or victor, the 32-year-old Ronaldo is the top European soccer player.
Ronaldo joined Real Madrid from Manchester United in 2009 for a then-world record fee of 96 million euros and is their all-time top scorer with 404 goals in 394 games.