"That number 58 may change".
"It really devastated me", he said. He says it will take weeks or longer to recover and identify all the dead at the charred building. Analysts estimate the death toll can reach 70. She added that "I have heard the concerns and I have ordered immediate action across the board to help victims' relatives and the survivors".
After meeting with Grenfell survivors on Friday, Ms May announced a 5 million pound (AUS$8 million) fund to help them and expressed sorrow for their plight. But she said the welfare of her loved ones was more important. Police have established a security cordon around the building to protect public safety and allow searchers easy access to the wrecked building.
With the death toll rising, families of the victims have railed against officials like May and Mayor Sadiq Khan.
The first victim to be formally identified was Mohammed Alhajali, a 23-year-old Syrian refugee, who came to Britain in 2014 with his brother. However, the identification of the other victims is proving very hard - which experts attribute to the extreme heat of the fire.
May, who has faced criticism of her response to the tragedy in which at least 30 people died, will meet victims, volunteers and community leaders, a Downing Street spokesman said.
The government has said it is carrying out an "urgent inspection" of roughly 2,500 similar tower blocks across the country to assess their safety.
There is simmering anger in the multiethnic Kensington area hit by the blaze, and public fury has been directed at senior government figures, including Prime Minister Theresa May, when they visited the stricken area.
Concrete in the hallways was scorched
The identification of the victims is proving very hard - which experts attribute to the extreme heat of the fire. British health authorities say that 19 patients are still being treated at four London hospitals.
The cause of the fire is still unknown but "there is nothing to suggest the fire was started deliberately", London police said in a Friday statement. We want to rehouse people in a good home as quickly as we can.
Hundreds have been left homeless by the blaze, putting more pressure on officials in a city already plagued by a chronic housing shortage.
Many survivors are sleeping on the floor in community centers and there's still no coordinated distribution of donated food and clothing.
So far, 109 families have been given temporary accommodation by in hotels within the local area, Gallego said.
Mr Cundy said: "The investigation will be exhaustive". "United in our sadness, we are equally determined, without fear or favour, to support all those rebuilding lives so horribly affected by injury and loss".
"Contractor says that he met all the fire safety standards but the questions are going to be, which kind of siding was used and what were the risks?"More news: Senate passes new sanctions on Iran, Russia
More news: Mbappe 'still has to prove his qualities' - Trezeguet
More news: Pakistan can upset any team on their day, says Virat Kohli