Man dies after ignoring new tattoos warnings

Share

The unidentified 31-year-old had ignored advice given by his tattoo artists to avoid swimming pools and oceans for two weeks, The Daily Mail reported.

According to Metro, the unidentified victim chose to go swimming in the Gulf of Mexico just days after getting a tattoo of a crucifix and praying hands on his right calf.

Within 24 hours of being admitted into the hospital, the man was on life support and was suffering organ failure. Doctors reportedly believed his years of alcohol abuse left him susceptible to vibriosis infection and septic shock.

His body eventually gave in to septic shock and then, complete kidney failure weeks after being infected and ultimately, his death.

As anyone who's gotten a tattoo before knows, aftercare is the most important part of keeping your new masterpiece looking its best.

More news: Manchester United 'close to' £45m Ivan Perisic transfer
More news: Valley congressman says pulling out of Paris agreement a good decision
More news: NBA Finals Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors

Health experts have said that new tattoos should always be kept dry and away from water for as long as the wound is not healed.

The 31-year-old man fell victim to a flesh eating bacteria that festered inches deep into his calf where a tattoo of a cross had been placed.

Sadly the man died two months after his admission into hospital.

Talking about the above case, where the man was infected by the flesh-eating bacteria known as Vibrio vulnificus, Green added that there are other infections that may put people at risk after getting new tattoos.

Word is he went swimming five days after in the Gulf of Mexico, leading to a flesh-eating bacteria getting into his body through the open wound of his new tat.

Share