Inquest opens into London Bridge attacks


Kate Middleton visited the patients of the London Bridge terror attacks. He also added that it was nice of Kate to take time out of her royal life to come into the hospital and sees what the staff does in high emergency situations.

The Duchess arrived at the hospital in south-east London just before 2pm GMT where she was greeted by the hospital's Chief Executive, Nick Moberly, and Medical Director Professor Julia Wendon. Seven were left in a critical condition, and are still receiving constant treatment.

Catherine's visit wasn't publicised so that staff at the south east London hospital were able to continue to treat those affected without disruption.

The Duchess of Cambridge spent an undisclosed amount of time at the hospital.

The Duchess of Cambridge today became the latest member of the Royal family to meet with victims of the London Bridge terror attack, who are still recovering in hospital more than a week after the atrocity.

It was the percentage of the stabbing victims who were female that was most upsetting to the staff, said head of nursing Lynne Watkins-Hulme, according to the London Evening Standard.

More news: Seven US navy crew missing after collision
More news: Senate passes new sanctions on Russia, Iran
More news: Justin Thomas shoots 63, trails Brian Harman by 1 at US Open

Kate asked the staff if despite being trained for such events, it was hard to deal with the incident.

She elaborated further and said the aim of the terrorists is to create a split in society and pitch communities against each other.

"That was quite traumatic for the staff". We are very used to this in the UK.

Spanish banker Ignacio Echeverria, 39, who went to defend a woman under attack using the skateboard he had been riding earlier, died from a stab wound to the back.

14 of the 48 people injured in the attack were taken to the King's and 13 of them needed treatment for stab wounds. "It gives the patients a lift, and it gives the staff a lift that they are being recognized".

"He was showing his respect and gratitude for what we did", police community support officer Chris Jenkins, who was among the first responders after the bombing, told People of William's visit.