She said, in an unprecedented statement, that she had been "profoundly struck by the immediate inclination of people throughout the country to offer comfort and support to those in desperate need".
More than 3 million pounds ($3.8 million) has been raised for victims of the London high-rise fire that has killed at least 30 people and left dozens homeless.
The fire broke out at the 24-storey block, which contained 120 one- and two-bedroom flats, shortly before 1 a.m. on Wednesday.
Some 19 patients are still being treated in hospital, of whom 10 are in a critical condition, the National Health Service said. Some said they had never seen a building fire advance so quickly. Cundy said emergency workers have now reached the top of the building. The upper floors of the block are particularly hazardous due to the damage caused by the fire. "But it would also be deeply distressing for families for us to release wrong information", he added.
Police say the harrowing search for remains had been paused Friday because of safety concerns at the blacked tower but has resumed. "My commitment to families is that as soon as we can, we will locate and recover their loved ones", Cundy said. "We do not want another fatality arising out of this tragedy". I was expecting to hear lists of missing people, lists of people who had died, passed away. Residents who survived the tower blaze lost everything and have no idea where they are going to live, or how they will get back on their feet.
CTMO, the Kensington and Chelsea Management Organization, has managed the building on behalf of local public authorities who own it.More news: Portugal 2 Mexico 2: Moreno´s last-ditch header secures a point
More news: Punjab Govt. announces loan waiver for 'marginal' farmers
More news: Taylor Swift Celebrates Sales Landmarks by Offering Catalog for Streaming
The Bishop of Kensington, Dr Graham Tomlin, attended the talks and said: "There was passion, there was anger, but there was good, hard, reasoned argument used by the residents".
Trade Minister Greg Hands said Sunday the government is carrying out an "urgent inspection" of the roughly 2,500 similar tower blocks across Britain to assess their safety, while an opposition lawmaker urged the government to quickly secure any documents related to the Grenfell renovation for a criminal investigation.
"The Prime Minister needs to act immediately to ensure that all evidence is protected so that everyone culpable for what happened at Grenfell Tower is held to account and feels the full force of the law".
Prime Minister Theresa May, already facing severe political problems trying to form a government after losing her majority in Parliament, was heckled when she visited the site on Thursday and criticized for taking too long to meet with survivors, the AP reported.
She also noted that an emergency fund of more than $6 million has begun to be "distributed on the ground so people can buy clothes, food and other essentials".