British police have identified the man suspected of carrying out the massacre as 22-year-old Salman Abedi, who was born in Manchester to parents of Libyan origin.
Manchester police suspect that the bomber, 22-year-old Salman Abedi, may not have acted alone.
Africa Command, which oversees any United States military involvement in Libya and has extensive contacts with government and militia groups there, is now trying to use those contacts to learn where Abedi went and who he might have met with, the USA military officials said.
Hashem had been "under surveillance for a month and a half" and "investigation teams supplied intelligence that he was planning a terrorist attack in the capital Tripoli", the Deterrence Force said on its Facebook page.
Waszczykowski said another Polish citizen was wounded in the attack and had undergone surgery but "everything indicates that he will live".
Abedi, who was reportedly known to security services, is the son of Libyan refugees who fled Muammar Gaddafi's regime in Libya.
In a statement, Salford said that it was "assisting Greater Manchester police with their enquiries". British officials believe he had recently returned from Libya. "This is not us", the senior Abedi said.
Grande, 23, who tweeted earlier this week that she was "broken" by the Manchester attack, had been due to perform on Thursday and Friday at London's O2 arena as part of her "Dangerous Woman" tour.More news: Did Melania Just Slap Donald's Hand Away On Israel Red Carpet?
More news: Baltimore Native's 'Gamble' Pays Off In Preakness Win
More news: Apple in talks to expand India production capacity - minister
Police in Manchester, England, have reportedly chose to stop sharing some intelligence with the USA after details from their ongoing terrorism investigation were apparently leaked to the American press.
Because the Trump administration can't hold water, not only has the president had to come out and denounce reported leaks coming from someone in the White House, but police in Manchester, England, are no longer sharing details of their investigation into the most recent terrorist attacks with their American counterparts. They included an eight-year-old girl, two teenage girls and a 28-year-old man.
Queen Elizabeth II visited Royal Manchester Children's Hospital on Thursday to talk to some of the victims, their families and medical staff.
Even though the senior Abedi denied that he was a member of the Libyan Islamic Fighting group, former Libyan security official Abdel-Basit Haroun told the AP on Wednesday that the elder Abedi was a member in the 1990s of the group, which had links to al-Qaida.
Hopkins declined to comment on whether police have found the alleged maker of the explosive device used in Monday night's attack. She said he had been known to security forces "up to a point".
British authorities were probing whether Abedi had ties to other cells across Europe and North Africa, according to two officials familiar with the case who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the ongoing investigation.
"I would like to send our deepest condolences to all of her family and friends", Upton said. Saffie Rose Roussos was leaving the show Monday night with her mother and sister when an explosion went off, killing at least 22 people and injuring 59. Four men in total have been arrested in connection with the attack.